Xiaomi made its debut in this year’s MWC 2017 and it unveiled the first processor – Xiaomi Surge S1. This mid-range processor can be found in Mi5C smartphone that was announced on the same day.
Surge S1 or previously known as Pinecone is the first mobile processor from Xiaomi and it bears the branding of Xiaomi, It is an octa-core processor with four high-performance ARM Cortex A53 cores clocked at 2.2GHz and the other four power-efficient ARM Cortex A53 cores are clocked at 1.4GHz. The eight cores have big.LITTLE structure for efficient power usage on all the cores.
The Xiaomi Surge S1 is made using TSMC’s HPc 28nm process and consists of quad-core ARM Mali T860 GPU, 32-bit DSP for voice processing, support for VoLTE and others. Xiaomi stated that it took only 28 months for the processor from planning to large scale production and co-developed by Xiaomi and Pinecone. Xiaomi further claimed that Surge S1 beats the Snapdragon 625 based on 14nm as well as both MediaTek P10 and P20 processors on benchmark tests.
Xiaomi Surge S1 specs summary
– Octa-Core – Quad 2.2GHz A53 + Quad 1.4GHz A53 CPUs
– 28 nm HPc process
– Quad-Core Mali-T860 GPU
– 32-bit high-performance DSP for voice processing
– 14-bit dual ISP with Up to 36-megapixel camera support, Light sensitivity enhancement / dual noise – reduction algorithm / Multi-shot optimization
– Dual channel LPDDR3 933MHz RAM, eMMC 5.0 Storage
– Network -LTE Cat.4 – 5 modes 23 bands; VoLTE high definition voice and video calls
– Audio Formats supported: PCM, AAC/AAC+/eAAC+, MP3, AMR – NB and WB, FLAC, APE, DSD, WAV – SNR: 119dB / Total Harmonic Distortion: -90dB Supports SmartPA / Dirac
– Video Playback: Up to 4K@30fps; Capture: 4K @ 30fps,1080p@120fps,720p@240/fps;
– Codec support: H.265 /HEVC(Main profile), H.264 (Baseline/Main/High profile), MPEG4 (Simple – profile/ASP), VC-1(Simple/Main/Advanced profile), and more
– Display: Supports device display up to 2560×1600 resolution
– Charging: 9V2A fast charging
– Dual noise reduction algorithm reduces noise and preserves details in low light
– Surge ISP algorithm improves camera light sensitivity by 150%.
– OTA upgradable baseband offers continuous performance improvements, continuous improvements -for fraudulent base station detection
– Chip-level security protects data integrity and prevents unauthorized network access while combining – hardware and software measures to offer enhanced security.
Sharing is caring, share this news to your friends. Please like our Facebook page, follow us on Twitter , add us to your circle in Google + and follow us on Weibo so that you won’t miss out any breaking news and freebies contests from us.
Don't hesitate to email us at [email protected] if you wish to advertise on our site, send us latest products' specs or send us a device for reviews.